Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

[PHOTOGRAPHY] Sleepy Hollow, NY / Tarrytown, NY


Last Spring, I was a student teacher at Sleepy Hollow Middle School. After being let out early one beautiful March day, I decided to snap some pictures as I walked to the bus stop.
Some quick info about Sleepy Hollow:
This legendary and very beautiful village, steeped in folklore and immortalized by Washington Irving's "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow", boasts several world famous landmarks including Philipsburg Manor, the Old Dutch Church and the Rockefeller Family Estate Kykuit. Once called North Tarrytown, the name was officially changed to Sleepy Hollow in 1996.
http://www.sleepyhollowny.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=130&Itemid=194
Onto the pictures. I chose of few of my favorites to share. Hope you like them. Please leave your comments and critiques in the comments.
DSC06751
This was the first shot I took that day and I think a welcoming sign is apt as a first shot. Love how the sign frames the window of whatever that structure is.
DSC06752
I call this one…”Tree”. lol
DSC06753
Bend in the road. I like how the trees frame the road on both sides.
DSC06754
I wasn’t sure whether or not to include this. But the same something that made me take the shot, made me want to share it. It’s the contrast in the two trees. They’re so different and yet they share the same lawn. Some philosophical meaning can definitely be found in that. Maybe. Or it can just be a pretty picture.
DSC06758
Pretty building. Love the shade of red brick. And the strong looking trees seeming to guard it.
DSC06759
Pretty church. With it’s pointy end pointing to the sky. I know there’s a proper name for it, but I’m feeling too lazy at the moment to solicit the help of my best pal Google Inc.
DSC06762
Another angle of the same pretty red brick building. Again the trees. This time you can see all three of them. I think three is a special number…has power.
DSC06765
Yet another angle. I don’t know if this works well or not, or what I was even striving for. But I don’t think it’s too bad.

That’s all for now. Again, comments are always appreciated.

Until next time,
Tuma

No comments:

Post a Comment