Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Where I'm From...

This was written as an exercise in my "Teaching English to Adolescent's Course". We read three poems, all called "Where I'm From" by George Ella Lyon, Jacob Miller and Hallie Herz. You can read the three poems here.

After reading the poems, we created our own. Here's mine:


Where I’m From

I’m from the Boogie Down,
The BX – born and raised.
From a seat of power –
Leader of four younger siblings.
From a journey made by a young couple.
From a world lost in words, but
Never at a loss for words.
From Judy Blume and R.L Stine.
From Double Dutch and melting
Ice pops on the corner after school.
From relatives too many to count.

So... what do you? Not my best, *shrugs*, but I wanted to share it anyway. As always, comments are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment