Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Random Shots!

Here are a couple of pictures. They don't really have a theme, hence the title of this post! :)


New York City- 42nd Street, 8th Avenue


City College - New York, NY

Hmm....I really like this picture. There's something about the black crow (I'm assuming it's a crow. What do I know about bird species *shrugs*) amongst the semi-brightly lit leaves. Some sort of juxtaposition of ... light and dark? Life and death (crows are usually seen as bad omens)?It's almost like the crow is lying in wait....but for what?

HAHA This one makes me laugh because I remember how ridiculous I looked while taking it. I wanted the shot, but was afraid of getting stung by the bee. I would get close, prepare to take the shot..the stupid thing would flutter causing me to nearly have multiple heart attacks and then I'd go try again!

Pleasantville, NY. God, I really love these stone stairs! But I have mixed feelings about this shot. I don't know whether to be pissed the shot was crooked (taken as I was practically running by trying to catch the train on time), or amused that the crookedness gives both the stairs and house a bit of character.... hmm.... :)


Til next time folks!!

1 comment: